Tuesday, July 26, 2005

My first project completed!

I'm glad Phil took the camera to Ohio. Here's why:


But now that the camera is back, I can post my new creations! First, here is the wee little bag/sack thing that Cheryl said is called a cozy:


It is holding my cell phone quite nicely, I'll say! But now...the piece de resistance! I found this project via Lee Anne--it was perfect for me to practice knitting and sewing. I present to you Franklin Bunny (named after my knitting inspiration, of course!):

Isn't he cute? Ok, so his head is kind of small and his ears are all droopy (no reflection on the actual Franklin who is proportioned just fine), but he's what I set out to make, and I made him! Woo hoo! I took him with me in the car last night to pick up Phil from the airport. I left a message about finishing him on Franklin's cell phone. I'm not excited or anything. Oh no.

But I do have that paper to write, and Franklin is helping out there, too:


See my extensive note-taking? Franklin Bunny is sort of like a cat--he likes to sit on whatever I'm working with, but I don't mind. Milton tried to eat him, so we had words about that. All is well now. Don't know WHAT I'll make next...but finishing something provides quite the rush!

12 comments:

Cheryl said...

Oh how darling!!!! Love the color too!! Your brother will be thrilled with his namesake...

Franklin said...

I'M A BUNNY! I'M A BUNNY!

I was so excited when I got your message last night, but I had no idea you'd actually name the bunny after me. Color me flattered.

So who is that in the picture with Phil?

Sister Sue said...

Are you being silly, Franklin? Who is in the picture? I titled it PhilandHill. Does that help? He was at the Democratic Leadership Council convention in Ohio. Another clue!

Franklin said...

Of course I was being silly ;-)

She's looking very well these days, and Phil is positively beaming and no wonder.

Dhi said...

Eek! You're brilliant! You go, girl.

And boy, does Hill look great without that schlep of a husband hanging around her neck. ;-)

**poof!**

Jasmine said...

Love the bunny. It's adorable.

Can you tell me where I can find the pattern? Thank you!

Sister Sue said...

The beauty of this little bunny is that he's made from a knitted square. A square! Fabulous. Here is the link: http://www.heartstringsfiberarts.com/bunny.shtm

JoVE said...

The bunny is beautiful. And Hill does look better with your husband than with her own :-)

Sorka said...

Wow.. Phil is hob nobbin with the heavy hitters eh? Cool!
Love that bunny!
Thanks for the pattern link!

Lee Ann said...

Oh, I am SO proud of you...and isn't this the best version of knitted origami you ever saw?

I will try my damndest not to turn you on to spinning. Honest.

(right.)

Keep in mind, though, that bunnies have a habit of multiplying...

obscure said...

Hooray for you! Folks often say it's hard to learn a new skill like knitting or a language as an adult . But you're provong them wrong. I began at age 6, but just knit and frogged the same "scarf" for 5 years.

Hooray for Franklin! A great bunny!

Hooray for Phil! There IS hope for the Democrats!

Rabbitch said...

Oh, that's a fantastic bunny! My first one had the small head problem also. If you make another, make the head slightly larger than you think should work, and it'll be fine. I find that if you decrease the ears in the middle (at least I think that's what I do!) they aren't as floppy.